Trauma Therapy, Counselling, EMDR and Supervision
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”
Unresolved trauma can create unhappiness, emotional pain and difficulties in day to day life. Whatever has happened to you, therapy can help and can offer hope, support and relief from the symptoms of your distress.
Trauma counselling can help with the following problems:
• Anxiety and stress
• Relationship difficulties
• Sexual problems that are psychologically driven or trauma related
• Sex or Porn Addiction
• Phobias e.g. dental, flying
• Life limiting conditions
• Violence and interpersonal problems
• Complex childhood trauma and neglect
• Dissociative disorders
• Gender Identity Disorder and sexuality issues
• Living with HIV
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Grief and Loss
• Traumatic experiences such as car or work related accidents
• Recent traumatic events
• Medico legal issues
How can trauma counselling or therapy help me?
• Reduction in trauma related symptoms such as anxiety, depression or phobias
• Coming to terms with past experiences
• Increased wellbeing and confidence
• Personal and professional development
• Self-awareness & empowerment
• Improved coping strategies
• Increased capacity to manage stress
• Healthier relational boundaries
I am trained in a variety of therapeutic approaches; my original training was in an integrative model, using Person Centred and Gestalt therapy. This means that I put the client at the centre of what I do, exploring their goals and focus for therapy as well as trying to understand their world and life experiences without judgement. I went on to study psychodynamic theory as well as transactional analysis. Both therapies allow me to work with unconscious processes and relational dynamics. Further study has led me to specialise in trauma as a result of my EMDR training and accreditation.
In my experience, there is no one right way of working, only the right way for each person and their individual needs. This means that I work holistically and develop a new treatment plan for each client as everyone’s needs are truly unique to them.
As a client you have an almost countless choices of available therapists and therapies. It is up to you who you want to work with and I would recommend that you must like, respect and trust anyone with whom you chose to undertake the delicate task of therapy. Don’t be afraid as a client to go elsewhere if you don’t feel you have met the right therapist for you.
Contact me for more information on 07794 220 733 or email me. I will usually undertake a telephone assessment to best understand your needs and answer any questions you might have. If I feel that I am able to help you I will be happy to arrange a face to face session. If I feel that another therapist would be better suited to your needs, I can offer signposting and referral to someone I think can help you.
My practice is in The Hope Street Centre, 10 Hope Street, Sandbach, Cheshire CW11 1BA and is within easy reach of Stoke on Trent, Crewe, Macclesfield and Congleton.